Two home grown labels – essentially Indian in their product development and values but speaking the language of a global spirit, come together for our next style shoot – Zariin meets Jodi. There is a distinct overlap in the philosophy of the two labels – however, one deals with jewelry and the other, clothes. Both the labels are born out of the hand crafted ethos so typical to Indian fashion. A unique product development process, involving hours of creative inputs gives a distinct flavour to each collection of both the labels. The jewelry by Zariin and the clothes by Jodi, come with an Indian soul but highly modern outlook, appealing to the global nomads of today.
• Both the labels are run by dual creative female forces – Mamta & Vidhi Gupta for Zariin and Gauri Verma & Karuna Laungani for Jodi.
• Zariin works with natural organic semi precious stones while, Jodi works with 100% natural fibre.
• Each Zariin jewel is hand sketched by our designers to be crafted into wearable jewellery. Each print of Jodi is unique and the printing blocks are especially crafted for each collection.
• Both labels aim at bridging the gap between high street and wearable fashion focusing on affordability.
• Both the labels find inspiration in fashion, culture and their travel stories.
• Handcrafted & Artisanal – is the core of their existence.
• Both the labels, come out with unique capsule collections based on the fashion seasons – each with a unique mood board and story.
For the Zariin Meets Jodi shoot, we picked the latest festive collections from both the labels and dressed up Mamta Gupta from Zariin and Gauri Verma from Jodi to best represent their brands.
The shoot is a combination three different looks sported by the ladies. The outfits are from Jodi’s latest Samarkand inspired festive collection ‘Noor’ and accentuated by Zariin’s festive bestseller ‘Pearl Delicates’.
Easy glam, relaxed silhouettes with ethnic touches amped up by the regal influence of gold dipped jewellery and pearls best describe the mood of the shoot enhanced by the individual personalities behind the label.
We’ll now let the pictures talk.
Loved the post? Do let us know. Who knows we’ll bring Vidhi Gupta and Karuna Laungani for another feature sometime.